Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time Waits for No One

It's raining the coldest rain i've ever felt outside. The heater's cranked on max, the speaker's are playing meaningful music, and I guess it's finally time for a proper update.

It's ironic because I finally get a break from the storm of a schedule because of the storm outside my window canceled a night practice I was supposed to have for Soul Run. Of course the first thing I did with my free time was to grab some ramen for my starving stomach. Nothing beats a hot bowl of ramen in the freezing rain.



Biking back in the rain after ramen, as the broth started to warm up the rest of my body, a heavy thought dawned on me. There's only 2.5 more weeks of school here in Japan. As quickly as it came, this once in a lifetime experience is almost over...already. It's gone by so quickly that I haven't even given myself a proper chance to soak it all in yet.
The next 2.5 weeks are probably not going to give me that chance either. School has been so crazy. You take a 10 week quarter that already goes by too fast and try to squeeze in a cultural and language experience somewhere in the mix, and the result is a serious lack of time.

But even along the all too quick journey, I can say that I've met some truly amazing people, seen a lot of new things, and of course, eaten some awesome ramen. I just hope that when this is all said and done, I can look back and say that i was able to learn a great deal about myself through tit all.

Only 2.5 weeks before the start of a different adventure. Until then, it's pedal to the metal.
Oh and i'll try to take more pictures of people rather than things...or food...


(photo credit: Jordan Williams)


5 comments:

  1. if that's really your ramen... wow.. that looks pretty good... boil me onew hen you come back. enjoy the last 2.5 weeks - all the little time left fully redeemed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: my dislike for japanese ramen has COMPLETELY disappeared these days thanks to your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like.
    and the ramen looks bomb!!

    ReplyDelete