Each day I grow weaker, pushing the boundaries and the limits of my physicality.
Never in my life have I felt so exhausted at the end of each day.
But with the coming of each new morning, I am given strength which is not my own.
Strength that can only come when I am weak, humbled, and broken.
I pray, "give me this day my daily bread," but not too much that I may become prideful and dependent on my own strength, but just enough to get me through the day. Just enough.
Amen. But that seriously must be grueling. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteCalvin! Ah, you must be having a tough time, from what I've been reading. I wish we got to have our update day :( I'm hoping it will be soon. Until then, hwaiting! I am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love mornings, Calvin? :) My prayers in the mornings are always, "thank you, God, for ONE more day to serve You."
ReplyDeleteJust enough is a beautiful thing. I'm really humbled by your prayer.
I hope God meets you every single day in the mornings; and that in your weakness, the veil that covers your eyes will be stripped away. Only then can we marvel at God's light! Right??
God's holding you much tighter than you know :) Believe it!
i wish there was an another word for encouraging that means the exact same thing. but as it is, i cannot think of one at the spot!
ReplyDeleteso i will say this: i was moved and further encouraged by your entry, Calvin! the most difficult part of my days are waking up in the morning. i'm not sure why.. but reading this reminded me once again of His new mercies every day and the significance of it. thank you for your thoughts! "just enough"- how true..